Talking appliances could soon be a reality!
Washington: With so much hype around touch-free gadgets, soon appliances in the house would be connected to the Internet leading to what is dubbed as ` The Internet of Everything` and paving way for communicating devices.
A non-profit organization, Linux Foundation has reportedly formed the AllSeen Alliance, including companies like Qualcomm, LG, Panasonic, Haier, Silicon Image and TP-LINK, which is a new communication protocol to get the connected doorbell talking to the lights, microwave, oven and smoke detector.
According to Fox News, the AllSeen Technology is based on a protocol by Qualcomm that allows devices to discover each other and negotiate over a variety of connections, including Wi-Fi and Ethernet.
The alliance said that using the tech, a family that installs a smart lock for their front door will be able to connect it to smart lights and security cameras from other manufacturers.
Executive editor for appliances at CNET, Rich Brown said that if the market continues to grow, large players like Apple, Google and Microsoft may be tempted to explore the idea of connected devices.
Brown further pointed that it is not inconceivable that people might end up shopping for a car, a washing machine, or even a house based on whether it is compatible with their preferred Internet of Things standard, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat
- Reality TV personality Khloe Kardashian slams Donald Trump