Target Corp. confident breached encrypted customer PIN data is secure
Washington: Target Corp. has reportedly admitted that customers` PIN data was breached during a recent hack attack, but has insisted that the encrypted PIN numbers are safe and secure.
The retailer company said that customers` debit card accounts have not been compromised due to the encrypted PIN numbers being taken.
According to ABC News, the data breach is speculated to have affected as many as 40 million customers between November 27 and December 15.
The company earlier denied reports of debit card PIN data being compromised, but after further investigations, it confirmed that the strongly encrypted PIN data was removed.
Target said that the PIN information was fully encrypted at the keypad, remained encrypted within our system, and remained encrypted when it was removed from our systems, adding that it does not store or have access to the specific encryption keys.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'