Teen trio develops new game application
Washington: Three Indian American students in California have developed a new game application for Apple where users try to steer their lost rocket ship home using the gravity of planets.
Rahul Bhatia, Akshay Narayan and Rohan Agarwal, all aged 17, began with the idea of app in June and went over brainstorming ideas and worked through the summer, Oakland Tribune, a local newspaper, reported.
The app, called Galactic Odyssey, was sent to Apple a week and half ago and it became available on Monday. The app is priced at 99 cents and can be downloaded from Apple.
The trio plan to come up with contests on the game, to help the app popularise. They also plan on launching a sequel to the game app.
Pete Murchison, Principal, Irvington High School in Oakland, California where the trio study was quoted as saying in Oakland Tribune, "This is unbelievably difficult.
"They (Apple) get a gazillion of these applications, and for these kids to do it, it`s absolutely amazing. Now they`re dealing with the biggest, most powerful company in the world."
The three study computer science and AP physics in school. They used physics concepts they learn in class to build the app. However they say one doesn`t need a science background to play the game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'