Teens abandoning Facebook due to `Levi`s Effect`
Sydney: The age of 30 has become Facebook`s largest user demographic.
Social media expert Michael McQueen, in what is described as the `Levi`s Effect`, said teenagers were abandoning Facebook for other social networks such as Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
McQueen said Levi jeans were a cool, young brand until parents` started wearing them and the same thing has happened with Facebook.
In 2012, Facebook was the primary social networking site for teenagers but this year Twitter has overtaken as the number one site.
McQueen said that as teens` log-off from Facebook, people aged 30 and over were logging-in.
He said that the older generation began signing up in 2010 as a lot of these users were parents who wanted to spy on their kids.
He added that now parents were logging in to reconnecting with old school friends and people who live overseas and they have caught the Facebook bug.
Professor of Public Communication at the University of Technology, Jim Macnamara, said adults also turn to Facebook while on holidays.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested