Ten most commonly used internet passwords
London: A data security firm has unveiled the ten most commonly used passwords on the web.
To reach the conclusion, Imperva analysed around 32 million passwords that had been exposed in a recent hack of the RockYou website.
Last year a hacker had breached the site`s company database, gaining access to the unencrypted usernames and passwords of all its 32 million users.
Now, after studying the breach the firm has come up with a list of the most commonly used passwords which website users should avoid, reports The Telegraph.
“Everyone needs to understand what the combination of poor passwords means in today’s world of automated cyber attacks: with only minimal effort, a hacker can gain access to one new account every second—or 1000 accounts every 17 minutes,” said Amichai Shulman, Imperva’s chief technical officer.
“Employees using the same passwords on Facebook that they use in the workplace bring the possibility of compromising enterprise systems with insecure passwords, especially if they are using easy to crack passwords like ‘123456’,” he added.
“The problem has changed very little over the past 20 years. It’s time for everyone to take password security seriously; it’s an important first step in data security,” he said.
The ten most commonly used passwords analysed in the study were:
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why