`Texts from Hillary` blog sparks online buzz
Washington: A blog imagining sunglasses-sporting US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
engaged in amusing text exchanges with other politicos and celebrities has gone viral -- and boosted her cool quotient.
"Hey Hil, Watchu doing?" President Barack Obama says to his top diplomat on the spoof blog as he is shown reclining on a sofa.
"Running the world," Clinton replies, smartphone in hand and aides in the background as she sits in a C-17 military cargo plane.
"Texts from Hillary" is a spoof imagined by Washington-based communications professionals Adam Smith and Stacy Lambe on the popular Tumblr blogging platform. They based their gag on two photographs of Clinton taken in October.
The imagined texts have Clinton snapping back at everyone from Republican presidential frontrunner Mitt Romney to Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and actor Ryan Gosling.
"From one influential woman 2 another xo," pop icon Lady Gaga says in one imagined exchange. "Who is this?" Clinton replies.
In the post featuring Zuckerberg, the Facebook chief sends a request to Clinton to be his "friend" on the social network. But the senior diplomat rejects the invite.
Lambe and Smith say they came up with the idea over drinks late Wednesday when they saw a black-and-white photograph of Clinton holding a BlackBerry go viral on social networks.
"We quickly decided it should be turned into a meme," Lambe said. "We drafted a bunch and then people have been submitting new ideas. Basically, it snowballed from there."
He said the State Department had not yet reacted to the site, but added: "It would be great to hear from Hillary."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees