Thank mobiles and tablets for family TV viewing in living room
London: A new study has revealed that families are coming together to watch TV more now than they did 10 years ago, but they are bringing their tablets and smartphones with them.
UK communications regulator, Ofcom, has revealed that 91 percent of adults view television on their main set each week, which has increased from 88 percent in 2002, the BBC reported.
The Communications Market Report, which the regulator publishes once a year, stated that the popularity of smartphones and tablets was taking teens out of bedrooms back into family rooms.
However, the study claimed that the an increasing array of digital media are now vying for family members attention, with most of them now multi-tasking while sitting in front of the TV.
The research found that the belief that technology is pulling family time apart is wrong because the huge growth in mobile was actually having the opposite effect.
Jane Rumble , Ofcom`s head of media research, said that today, families are coming into the living room clutching their respective devices, that offer a range of opportunities to do things while watching television.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert