`The Hunger Games` most popular movie on social media in 2013
Washington: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is reportedly the most popular holiday movie on Facebook and Twitter with 12.8 million fans, but it is still behind last year`s winner Twilight having 37.4 million fans on the social media.
An analysis of holiday movies` social media popularity by ListenFirst has found that Catching Fire`s popularity still pales in comparison to Twilight`s fans when the movie`s Breaking Dawn Part 2 was in theaters.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, Catching Fire managed to beat Breaking Dawn Part 2`s opening, showing that social media isn`t everything.
Meanwhile, Universal`s The Best Man Holiday is fairing best among non-franchise movies this holiday season, with nearly 1.6 million accounts following it across Facebook and Twitter, last year the spot was won by Wreck-it-Ralph which had 1..3 million fans.
The report said that Facebook continued to be the place where holiday films found their social fan base, with more than 95 percent of fans on Facebook, and 4.7 percent on Twitter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant