`The Hunger Games` most popular movie on social media in 2013
Washington: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is reportedly the most popular holiday movie on Facebook and Twitter with 12.8 million fans, but it is still behind last year`s winner Twilight having 37.4 million fans on the social media.
An analysis of holiday movies` social media popularity by ListenFirst has found that Catching Fire`s popularity still pales in comparison to Twilight`s fans when the movie`s Breaking Dawn Part 2 was in theaters.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, Catching Fire managed to beat Breaking Dawn Part 2`s opening, showing that social media isn`t everything.
Meanwhile, Universal`s The Best Man Holiday is fairing best among non-franchise movies this holiday season, with nearly 1.6 million accounts following it across Facebook and Twitter, last year the spot was won by Wreck-it-Ralph which had 1..3 million fans.
The report said that Facebook continued to be the place where holiday films found their social fan base, with more than 95 percent of fans on Facebook, and 4.7 percent on Twitter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug