`The Hunger Games` most popular movie on social media in 2013
Washington: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is reportedly the most popular holiday movie on Facebook and Twitter with 12.8 million fans, but it is still behind last year`s winner Twilight having 37.4 million fans on the social media.
An analysis of holiday movies` social media popularity by ListenFirst has found that Catching Fire`s popularity still pales in comparison to Twilight`s fans when the movie`s Breaking Dawn Part 2 was in theaters.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, Catching Fire managed to beat Breaking Dawn Part 2`s opening, showing that social media isn`t everything.
Meanwhile, Universal`s The Best Man Holiday is fairing best among non-franchise movies this holiday season, with nearly 1.6 million accounts following it across Facebook and Twitter, last year the spot was won by Wreck-it-Ralph which had 1..3 million fans.
The report said that Facebook continued to be the place where holiday films found their social fan base, with more than 95 percent of fans on Facebook, and 4.7 percent on Twitter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi