`The Hunger Games` most popular movie on social media in 2013
Washington: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is reportedly the most popular holiday movie on Facebook and Twitter with 12.8 million fans, but it is still behind last year`s winner Twilight having 37.4 million fans on the social media.
An analysis of holiday movies` social media popularity by ListenFirst has found that Catching Fire`s popularity still pales in comparison to Twilight`s fans when the movie`s Breaking Dawn Part 2 was in theaters.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, Catching Fire managed to beat Breaking Dawn Part 2`s opening, showing that social media isn`t everything.
Meanwhile, Universal`s The Best Man Holiday is fairing best among non-franchise movies this holiday season, with nearly 1.6 million accounts following it across Facebook and Twitter, last year the spot was won by Wreck-it-Ralph which had 1..3 million fans.
The report said that Facebook continued to be the place where holiday films found their social fan base, with more than 95 percent of fans on Facebook, and 4.7 percent on Twitter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!