`The Hunger Games` most popular movie on social media in 2013
Washington: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is reportedly the most popular holiday movie on Facebook and Twitter with 12.8 million fans, but it is still behind last year`s winner Twilight having 37.4 million fans on the social media.
An analysis of holiday movies` social media popularity by ListenFirst has found that Catching Fire`s popularity still pales in comparison to Twilight`s fans when the movie`s Breaking Dawn Part 2 was in theaters.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, Catching Fire managed to beat Breaking Dawn Part 2`s opening, showing that social media isn`t everything.
Meanwhile, Universal`s The Best Man Holiday is fairing best among non-franchise movies this holiday season, with nearly 1.6 million accounts following it across Facebook and Twitter, last year the spot was won by Wreck-it-Ralph which had 1..3 million fans.
The report said that Facebook continued to be the place where holiday films found their social fan base, with more than 95 percent of fans on Facebook, and 4.7 percent on Twitter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery