New York: Haiti earthquake, Gulf oil spill and Britain`s Prince William`s engagement -- these are among the top 10 most powerful topics which dominated the 25 billion tweets this year, according to `Twitter`.
In the micro-blogging site`s list of the top 10 trends of 2010, `TODAY` show anchor Ann Curry`s 50-character message imploring the Air Force to allow physicians to land in Haiti to administer aid to the injured and dying came in No 1.
Other top tweets included Russian President Dmitry Medvedev saying hello to the world; a disabled triathlete`s plea for help; the announcement of Prince William`s engagement to Kate Middleton, and a parody about British Petroleum`s response to the Gulf oil spill.
Here`s the list:
1. Ann Curry: "@usairforce find a way to let Doctors without Borders planes land in Haiti: http://bit.ly/8hYZOK THE most effective at this."
2. The White House: "Welcome to @twitter President Medvedev! RT @KremlinRussia_E: Hello everyone! I`m on Twitter, and this is my first tweet."
3. Cyclist Leigh Fazzina: "I`ve had a serious injury and NEED Help! Can somone please call Winding Trails in Farmington, CT tell them I`m stuck bike crash in woods."
4. BP`s Fake PR Account: "Catastrophe is a strong word, let`s all agree to call it a whoopsie daisy."
5. Ecuador`s President: "Gobierno declara estado de Excepci?n #Ecuador #30S"
6. Clarence House, the office of the Prince of Wales: "The Prince of Wales is delighted to announce the engagement of Prince William to Miss Catherine Middleton - www.princeof wales.gov.uk"
7. Sun`s CEO: "Today`s my last day at Sun. I`ll miss it. Seems only fitting to end on a #haiku. Financial crisis/ Stalled too many customers/CEO no more"
8. Idaho`s John Foster: "Congratulations to Raul Labrador on a hard-earned win, and best of luck as Idaho`s next Congressman."
9. Spain`s defender Carles Puyol: "Gran ambiente en la rua!!orgulloso de ver a tanta gente feliz. http://twitpic.com/24qkg5?"
10. Conan O`Brien: "Hey Internet: I`m headed to your town on a half-a?ed comedy & music tour. Go to http://TeamCoco .com for tix. I repeat: It`s half-a?ed."
"We tried to find a nice cross-section between tweets that really show the power of an information network and tweets that show taste," Twitter co-founder Biz Stone was quoted by the media as saying.