The top 10 tweets of 2010!
New York: Haiti earthquake, Gulf oil spill and Britain`s Prince William`s engagement -- these are among the top 10 most powerful topics which dominated the 25 billion tweets this year, according to `Twitter`.
In the micro-blogging site`s list of the top 10 trends of 2010, `TODAY` show anchor Ann Curry`s 50-character message imploring the Air Force to allow physicians to land in Haiti to administer aid to the injured and dying came in No 1.
Other top tweets included Russian President Dmitry Medvedev saying hello to the world; a disabled triathlete`s plea for help; the announcement of Prince William`s engagement to Kate Middleton, and a parody about British Petroleum`s response to the Gulf oil spill.
Here`s the list:
1. Ann Curry: "@usairforce find a way to let Doctors without Borders planes land in Haiti: http://bit.ly/8hYZOK THE most effective at this."
2. The White House: "Welcome to @twitter President Medvedev! RT @KremlinRussia_E: Hello everyone! I`m on Twitter, and this is my first tweet."
3. Cyclist Leigh Fazzina: "I`ve had a serious injury and NEED Help! Can somone please call Winding Trails in Farmington, CT tell them I`m stuck bike crash in woods."
4. BP`s Fake PR Account: "Catastrophe is a strong word, let`s all agree to call it a whoopsie daisy."
5. Ecuador`s President: "Gobierno declara estado de Excepci?n #Ecuador #30S"
6. Clarence House, the office of the Prince of Wales: "The Prince of Wales is delighted to announce the engagement of Prince William to Miss Catherine Middleton - www.princeof wales.gov.uk"
7. Sun`s CEO: "Today`s my last day at Sun. I`ll miss it. Seems only fitting to end on a #haiku. Financial crisis/ Stalled too many customers/CEO no more"
8. Idaho`s John Foster: "Congratulations to Raul Labrador on a hard-earned win, and best of luck as Idaho`s next Congressman."
9. Spain`s defender Carles Puyol: "Gran ambiente en la rua!!orgulloso de ver a tanta gente feliz. http://twitpic.com/24qkg5?"
10. Conan O`Brien: "Hey Internet: I`m headed to your town on a half-a?ed comedy & music tour. Go to http://TeamCoco .com for tix. I repeat: It`s half-a?ed."
"We tried to find a nice cross-section between tweets that really show the power of an information network and tweets that show taste," Twitter co-founder Biz Stone was quoted by the media as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video