Top 4 ‘Facebook’ rules to avoid being kicked off from network
Sydney: Very few of us read the lengthy terms and conditions when we sign up for anything, but social networking site Facebook has some very strict rules that might lead us being de-friended by the network itself if we aren’t careful.
Some of the reasons are actually about legal realities, such as businesses unwittingly breaching copyright with the content on their Facebook pages, while others are just laws according to Facebook and can lead to a personal page being removed or disabled without warning, News.com.au reports.
“You or your business could be running the risk of suddenly disappearing from networks,” says social media law expert and solicitor director of PodLegal Jamie White.
According to the report, the first rule we must follow on the social site is that though Facebook is all about having friends and connections, one mustn’t have too many. The average is 120 and the limit is thought to be 5000; which is when Facebook gets suspicious that no-one can be that popular and may look into your account.
The second rule is keeping your profile as real as possible. If you use an alias and have a kitten as your profile photograph you’re asking for trouble. The network has been known to take down a page allegedly belonging to a cow, and one from a legitimate UK MP because it didn’t think it was real, the report said.
The third rule we all must take care is not being too active on the social site, even if Facebook is all about posting. But going overboard should be well avoided.
The fourth and the final rule is keeping in mind the term and conditions of ‘Copyright’. With internet being the primary medium of free sharing of content, a cardinal rule to follow in Facebook is ‘If you don’t own it, don’t post.’
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family