Top 4 ‘Facebook’ rules to avoid being kicked off from network
Sydney: Very few of us read the lengthy terms and conditions when we sign up for anything, but social networking site Facebook has some very strict rules that might lead us being de-friended by the network itself if we aren’t careful.
Some of the reasons are actually about legal realities, such as businesses unwittingly breaching copyright with the content on their Facebook pages, while others are just laws according to Facebook and can lead to a personal page being removed or disabled without warning, News.com.au reports.
“You or your business could be running the risk of suddenly disappearing from networks,” says social media law expert and solicitor director of PodLegal Jamie White.
According to the report, the first rule we must follow on the social site is that though Facebook is all about having friends and connections, one mustn’t have too many. The average is 120 and the limit is thought to be 5000; which is when Facebook gets suspicious that no-one can be that popular and may look into your account.
The second rule is keeping your profile as real as possible. If you use an alias and have a kitten as your profile photograph you’re asking for trouble. The network has been known to take down a page allegedly belonging to a cow, and one from a legitimate UK MP because it didn’t think it was real, the report said.
The third rule we all must take care is not being too active on the social site, even if Facebook is all about posting. But going overboard should be well avoided.
The fourth and the final rule is keeping in mind the term and conditions of ‘Copyright’. With internet being the primary medium of free sharing of content, a cardinal rule to follow in Facebook is ‘If you don’t own it, don’t post.’
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?