Top computer scientists to meet in Delhi next mont on HPC
Pune: The central government has convened a meeting of top computer scientists in Delhi on July 4 to work out a "common strategy and medium term action plan" for enhancing High Performance Computing (HPC) in the country, a Union Minister said today.
The government, which has already provided for a fund of Rs 5,000 crore in the 12th Five Year Plan for scaling up the HPC, had also mooted setting up of several supercomputing facilities in a "three-tier architecture."
This comprised various HPC systems at regional and national level, Union Minister of State for Planning, Science and Technology and Earth Sciences, Ashwani Kumar told reporters.
Kumar, who visited the National Param Supercomputing Facility (NPSF) here, said the measures to enhance HPC would help the country in being at par with the international capabilities in the areas of weather modelling, strategic science and technology, ocean modelling, disaster management and space discoveries.
"Super computing capabilities is a national imperative and involves India`s strategic interests," he said.
The proposed July 4 meeting in the national capital would also focus on removing anomalies in the development of HPC to achieve the targeted goals.
The minister also inaugurated the Centre of Excellence on solar energy during his visit to the city-based National Chemical Laboratory (NCL).
Kumar hailed the research and development work being carried out at the premiere laboratory and pledged governmental assistance to its ongoing projects and innovations to attain affordable technologies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre to be launched in India today
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Shraddha Kapoor to come together! No, we aren’t talking about a film