Top computer scientists to meet in Delhi next mont on HPC
Pune: The central government has convened a meeting of top computer scientists in Delhi on July 4 to work out a "common strategy and medium term action plan" for enhancing High Performance Computing (HPC) in the country, a Union Minister said today.
The government, which has already provided for a fund of Rs 5,000 crore in the 12th Five Year Plan for scaling up the HPC, had also mooted setting up of several supercomputing facilities in a "three-tier architecture."
This comprised various HPC systems at regional and national level, Union Minister of State for Planning, Science and Technology and Earth Sciences, Ashwani Kumar told reporters.
Kumar, who visited the National Param Supercomputing Facility (NPSF) here, said the measures to enhance HPC would help the country in being at par with the international capabilities in the areas of weather modelling, strategic science and technology, ocean modelling, disaster management and space discoveries.
"Super computing capabilities is a national imperative and involves India`s strategic interests," he said.
The proposed July 4 meeting in the national capital would also focus on removing anomalies in the development of HPC to achieve the targeted goals.
The minister also inaugurated the Centre of Excellence on solar energy during his visit to the city-based National Chemical Laboratory (NCL).
Kumar hailed the research and development work being carried out at the premiere laboratory and pledged governmental assistance to its ongoing projects and innovations to attain affordable technologies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo