Top Facebook gripes revealed
Melbourne: Photos of food and updates about your boring habits, public displays of affection, wonderful partner and equally brilliant children are making people sick and if you don`t stop clogging up others` news feeds with your mundane status, you`re likely to get unfollowed, a new survey has revealed.
While 59 percent of the 1000 Aussies surveyed by Amaysim admitted they would delete friends that hogged their news feed, 42 percent named using the social network as a diary as the most annoying Facebook habit, followed closely by posting Instagram photos of their food.
Checking in everywhere you go rated a 38 percent annoyance rate, and your public fawning over your latest squeeze is causing 29 percent of your friends to want to never see your name on their screen ever again.
21 per cent of people want to stop following you if you keep posting photos of your baby.
26 percent of Aussies simply can`t stand annoying quizzes and tests and commercial promotions that claim to increase your chances of winning by inviting everyone on your friends list to join.
Passive aggressive updates and self-promotion came in a close second to that at 24 and 22 percent can`t stand rate respectively.
“I don`t care who plays what,” News.com.au quoted editor of Gizmodo, Luke Hopewell as writing.
“I don`t care who you beat and I don`t know them. I don`t care whose photo or status you commented on and why even is it in my news feed if I don`t know them.
“I don`t care who saved 50 cents on their coffee in the morning or who got a 2-for-1 pass to the cross-stitch fair coming up this weekend.
“Kindly GTFO off my feed, all of you,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday