Top ten ICT predictions for 2014 revealed!
Washington: Information and Communication Technology (ICT) spending is expected to grow to 8.7 percent in the Asia-Pacific region, research firm IDC has revealed.
Principal analyst at IDC Asia Pacific, Claus Mortensen said that marketing will be perhaps the biggest driver for the use of cutting edge IT as they seek new innovative ways to reach out to and sell to customers.
The firm pointed to the top ten key ICT predictions for the coming year, which include enterprise mobility turning from `bring your own device` (BYOD) to choose your own device (CYOD).
The BYOD strategy is expected to be dead in 2014 as organizations evaluating mobility strategically will look to CYOD as the main adoption model where management and security can be standardized and guaranteed, and business processes can be mobilized.
Personalized marketing will be the next big thing, as one-to-one marketing will become socially and contextually aware, along with geolocation data advantage that would allow firms access to or the ability to analyse consumer geolocation for the first time.
IDC pointed that organizations will be aiming at personalized services and having geolocation data will create unique opportunities for organizations to engage individuals as individuals.
The top ten ICT predictions for 2014 include:
1. Enterprise mobility turns to CYOD as BYOD strategy dies
2. One-to-One marketing will become socially and contextually aware
3. Firms will push the boundaries with geolocation data
4. Big Data as-a-Service (BDaaS) rises
5. New industries rise amid xCommerce boom
6. Technology and web-based giants will move into adjacent business areas
7. The Internet of Things will revolutionize products and business models
8. Partner community platforms will become the melting pots of business innovation
9. "Software-defined" infrastructure will become a formal transformation agenda
10. Combination of mobility, analytics, social and the cloud
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof