Tourism Ministry launches new website for travel info
New Delhi: Tourism Ministry Tuesday launched an innovative website to make it easy for tourists to walk or drive through the most-visited cities in India by providing all tourism-related information at one place.
The Ministry has joined hands with Genesys for launching `Walking Tours` at www.Wonobo.Com, where details of 12 major cities, including Mumbai, Bangalore, Pune, Kolkata, Chennai and Delhi regarding route map, famous eateries, monuments and parks are uploaded.
The site will soon cover 54 cities in the country.
"The Ministry is partnering with Genesys to create a Walking Tours platform, one of the first such initiatives to be undertaken in any country," Tourism Secretary Parvez Dewan said after the launching of the site.
"We believe this innovative and entertaining technology will make it extremely easy for tourists to walk or drive through our most-visited cities."
The site will be linked to the Incredible India website.
"It will add a completely new facility to our Incredible India campaign. Now, instead of having paper brochures, one can have all details in electronic format.
"The facility will be a great help for our domestic and foreign tourists," Dewan said.
Sajid Malik, CMD of Genesys, said, "Decades of global experience in the geopatial domain has enabled us to build India`s first and most comprehensive navigation platform that also incorporates social media. We are confident that wonobo.Com will be a major value creator for an entirely new ecosystem of business in the years to come."
The site will be shortly available on mobile phone also.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!