Tourism Ministry launches new website for travel info
New Delhi: Tourism Ministry Tuesday launched an innovative website to make it easy for tourists to walk or drive through the most-visited cities in India by providing all tourism-related information at one place.
The Ministry has joined hands with Genesys for launching `Walking Tours` at www.Wonobo.Com, where details of 12 major cities, including Mumbai, Bangalore, Pune, Kolkata, Chennai and Delhi regarding route map, famous eateries, monuments and parks are uploaded.
The site will soon cover 54 cities in the country.
"The Ministry is partnering with Genesys to create a Walking Tours platform, one of the first such initiatives to be undertaken in any country," Tourism Secretary Parvez Dewan said after the launching of the site.
"We believe this innovative and entertaining technology will make it extremely easy for tourists to walk or drive through our most-visited cities."
The site will be linked to the Incredible India website.
"It will add a completely new facility to our Incredible India campaign. Now, instead of having paper brochures, one can have all details in electronic format.
"The facility will be a great help for our domestic and foreign tourists," Dewan said.
Sajid Malik, CMD of Genesys, said, "Decades of global experience in the geopatial domain has enabled us to build India`s first and most comprehensive navigation platform that also incorporates social media. We are confident that wonobo.Com will be a major value creator for an entirely new ecosystem of business in the years to come."
The site will be shortly available on mobile phone also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog