Tumblr asks users to change passwords to protect against worst-ever virus `Heartbleed`
Johannesburg: Social network Tumblr has reportedly asked its users to change their passwords in wake of the emergence of a recent bug called "Heartbleed," that has been exposing world`s major websites to theft by hackers.
The bug, which represents one of the most serious global security flaws revealed in recent years, makes it possible for hackers to retrieve code from websites that would give them access to other information, including user data and passwords, News 24 reported.
Tumblr said in a statement that the little lock icon [ HTTPS] trusted by all to keep their passwords, personal emails, and credit cards safe, was actually making all that private information accessible to anyone who knew about the exploit.
Urging users to take precautionary measures, the Website added that this might be a good day to call in sick and take some time to change passwords everywhere - especially high-security services like email , file storage, and banking, which may have been compromised by this bug.
While Tumblr claimed that it had taken adequate measures to fix the security flaw, the company said that it had no proof to back its claim that its user data had been breached.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India