Tumblr founder calls Twitter `gross`
Washington: Social networking website Tumblr`s founder David Karp has reportedly called microblogging site Twitter`s display of number of followers for every tweet as `gross`.
According to the New York Post, Karp slammed Twitter for over emphasizing on statistics related to the number of followers adding that Tumblr is not defined by the people one knows, but the kind of stuff that people love.
Internet Corporation Yahoo recently acquired Tumblr for a staggering 1.1 billion dollars and promising that it will be functional as a separate business.
Karp said that at Tumblr a lot of care is taken to keep the environment positive and free of jerks giving nasty remarks on someone`s hard work as it doesn`t allow for drive-by nastiness.
He further said that at the recently acquired Tumblr is a welcoming space where `an aspiring kid` can put up photos and creatives can place their award-winning campaigns, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read