Tumblr founder calls Twitter `gross`
Washington: Social networking website Tumblr`s founder David Karp has reportedly called microblogging site Twitter`s display of number of followers for every tweet as `gross`.
According to the New York Post, Karp slammed Twitter for over emphasizing on statistics related to the number of followers adding that Tumblr is not defined by the people one knows, but the kind of stuff that people love.
Internet Corporation Yahoo recently acquired Tumblr for a staggering 1.1 billion dollars and promising that it will be functional as a separate business.
Karp said that at Tumblr a lot of care is taken to keep the environment positive and free of jerks giving nasty remarks on someone`s hard work as it doesn`t allow for drive-by nastiness.
He further said that at the recently acquired Tumblr is a welcoming space where `an aspiring kid` can put up photos and creatives can place their award-winning campaigns, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'