Tumblr founder calls Twitter `gross`
Washington: Social networking website Tumblr`s founder David Karp has reportedly called microblogging site Twitter`s display of number of followers for every tweet as `gross`.
According to the New York Post, Karp slammed Twitter for over emphasizing on statistics related to the number of followers adding that Tumblr is not defined by the people one knows, but the kind of stuff that people love.
Internet Corporation Yahoo recently acquired Tumblr for a staggering 1.1 billion dollars and promising that it will be functional as a separate business.
Karp said that at Tumblr a lot of care is taken to keep the environment positive and free of jerks giving nasty remarks on someone`s hard work as it doesn`t allow for drive-by nastiness.
He further said that at the recently acquired Tumblr is a welcoming space where `an aspiring kid` can put up photos and creatives can place their award-winning campaigns, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!