Turkey lifts `unconstitutional` Twitter ban
Washington: Turkey has officially lifted its ban on Twitter.
The move comes after two weeks of centralized network-level blackout.
Recently, the Turkish Constitutional Court ruled that the ban was unconstitutional.
According to the Verge, the microblogging site was initially blocked after a leaked recording of senior government officials, which had circulated through the site.
The White House openly pressured the Ergodan government to remove the block, while Turkish citizens turned to services like Tor and Google DNS redirecting to the site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site