TV most popular subject on Twitter: Study
London: Nearly 40 percent of posts on micro blogging platform Twitter are about what is on the TV, a report has said.
The Twitter statistic was uncovered in a survey into viewing habits of British users.
It showed that while people are watching more television, they have fewer traditional TV sets, as they choose to watch more on smartphones and tablets.
The study, by TV Licensing`s TeleScope, shows that 27 percent of smartphone users and 63 percent of tablet owners watch live television on the devices.
The study, which surveyed over 1,000 people, includes the first ever "TeleHappiness Index" survey that seeks to assess emotional engagement with television.
According to the paper, the survey`s Twitter findings follow on from a separate study last week that found women to be more regular tweeters, but men bigger complainers.
That study, by Brandwatch, found that women on Twitter talk more about personal matters, television programmes and work, the study found, while men are most likely to tweet about sport, gaming and news.
Women tweet around 15 times a day, on average, compared with nine updates per day from men, the study found.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened