Twitter account @N restored to victim after high-profile hijack
Washington: The unusual single-letter Twitter handle ` @N` has been reportedly given back to the original user after it was hijacked as part of an eye-opening social engineering scheme last month.
Naoki Hiroshima managed to own the handle once again after the high-profile theft and tweeted "Order has been restored," from his account on the microblogging site.
According to The Verge, in a post by Hiroshima last month, he recounted how both his PayPal and GoDaddy accounts were compromised through social engineering techniques, something that gave the attacker enough leverage to push for the Twitter login credentials.
Although, the details of how the account was returned were unclear, the debacle ultimately became a cautionary tale in the importance of personal security, and how online companies verify sensitive account information and deal with threats to user accounts, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof