Twitter account @N restored to victim after high-profile hijack
Washington: The unusual single-letter Twitter handle ` @N` has been reportedly given back to the original user after it was hijacked as part of an eye-opening social engineering scheme last month.
Naoki Hiroshima managed to own the handle once again after the high-profile theft and tweeted "Order has been restored," from his account on the microblogging site.
According to The Verge, in a post by Hiroshima last month, he recounted how both his PayPal and GoDaddy accounts were compromised through social engineering techniques, something that gave the attacker enough leverage to push for the Twitter login credentials.
Although, the details of how the account was returned were unclear, the debacle ultimately became a cautionary tale in the importance of personal security, and how online companies verify sensitive account information and deal with threats to user accounts, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP