Twitter account @N restored to victim after high-profile hijack
Washington: The unusual single-letter Twitter handle ` @N` has been reportedly given back to the original user after it was hijacked as part of an eye-opening social engineering scheme last month.
Naoki Hiroshima managed to own the handle once again after the high-profile theft and tweeted "Order has been restored," from his account on the microblogging site.
According to The Verge, in a post by Hiroshima last month, he recounted how both his PayPal and GoDaddy accounts were compromised through social engineering techniques, something that gave the attacker enough leverage to push for the Twitter login credentials.
Although, the details of how the account was returned were unclear, the debacle ultimately became a cautionary tale in the importance of personal security, and how online companies verify sensitive account information and deal with threats to user accounts, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan