Twitter acquires mobile blogging firm Posterous
New York: Social networking site Twitter has said it has acquired Posterous, a start-up firm in mobile blogging business, but did not disclose the purchase price.
"Posterous engineers, product managers and others will join our teams working on several key initiatives that will make Twitter even better," Twitter said in a blog post.
"This (Posterous) team has built an innovative product that makes sharing across the web and mobile devices simple, a goal we share," the micro-blogging firm said.
Withot disclosing the financial terms of the deal, it said: "Acquisitions have given us people and technology that have enabled us to more quickly build a better Twitter for you."
Founded in 2008, Posterous is a mobile blogging platform which let people use smartphones to post pictures, videos and audio etc and share them with others.
"The opportunities in front of Twitter are exciting, and we couldn`t be happier about bringing our team`s expertise to a product that reaches hundreds of millions of users around the globe," Posterous Founder and CEO Sachin Agarwal wrote in a post on the company`s website.
He further said, "Posterous Spaces will remain up and running without disruption. We will give users ample notice if we make any changes to the service."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31