Twitter adding mute button for unwanted posts
San Francisco: Twitter on Monday began letting users `mute` posts from people they are not interested in hearing from at the popular one-to-many messaging service.
The new Mute feature was expected to be rolled out to all Twitter accounts in coming weeks.
"You can now mute users you`d like to hear from less," Twitter product manager Paul Rosania said in a blog post.
"The muted user will not know that you`ve muted them, and of course you can unmute at any time."
The feature is being added to Twitter iPhone and Android applications as well as at the twitter.com site accessed through computer Web browsers.
Muting someone at Twitter stops any messages they "tweet" at the service from popping up in the timeline of whoever hit the virtual button, according to Rosania.
Push or text messages from muted Twitter accounts will not be delivered.
People will still be able to see, "re-tweet," or comment on Twitter posts of those who have muted them, but the person doing the muting will not be looped into the activity.
"Mute gives you even more control over the content you see on Twitter by letting you remove a user`s content from key parts of your Twitter experience," Rosania said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya for not disclosing assets
- Parliament video: Speaker forms 9-member probe panel, asks Bhagwant Mann not to attend House
- Impressed with Narendra Modi; India is in safe hands under his government - Praises by RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
- ‘Wanted’ duo Salman Khan – Prabhudheva to team up again?
- NASA's Viking mission data to unfold Mars' mystery