Twitter apologises to Sydney trolling victim for trashing rapper Okonma`s lyrics
Melbourne: Microblogging site Twitter executives have apologised to a Sydney woman, who had faced continuous threats of rape and violence on the blog after she challenged rapper Tyler Okonma`s controversial lyrics based on violence, rape fantasies, murder and necrophilia.
Twitter has also promised to install a `report abuse` button on its main website and Android app, starting from September, in a bid to make it easier for trolling victims to highlight their cases, the Age reports.
Talitha Stone, a 24-year-old psychology student, has received hundreds of threatening tweets from fans of rapper, since June, after she tweeted Okonma, opposing his `horrorcore` lyrics.
Her tweet read: "Have to visit @Culturekings tomoz to protest against (Okonma) - he will be there at midday. I think they need educating on # misogyny."
Stone had also lobbied the UK government to revoke Okonma`s visa.
The 22-year-old artist, during a performance at Newtown`s Enmore Theatre, reportedly said: "I wish she could hear me call her a bitch".
She had also started `change.org` petition for challenging the social network firm to address trolling and continued tweeting about it.
Stone had reported to Australian police and to Twitter, which perverted the company to apologize and take further steps for handling similar cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH