Twitter blocks Nobel Peace Prize winner Desmond Tutu`s account
Cape Town: Nobel Peace Prize winner Desmond Tutu had his Twitter account suspended today for "aggressively following" other users, just hours after it was launched.
The ex-archbishop`s @TutuLegacy account racked up hundreds of followers in its first hours of use.
"Some have described Twitter as a blessing in the hands of retired members of the clergy. There is no space to ramble," Tutu tweeted before his account was blocked.
His foundation expressed dismay at the decision.
"Twitter has not explained how following 30 people could be construed as `aggressive following`," it said in a statement.
The foundation suggested "the number of people who followed @TutuLegacy in a short space of time," may have also been to blame.
"I hope the powers that be at Twitter find it in their hearts to fix the problem and let us communicate again," Tutu`s daughter Mpho said.
"We need to reassure all those people who started following us today that this is the real deal!"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!