Twitter celebrates 5th anniv of its public debut
London: Today is five years since the incredibly popular real-time messaging service, Twitter, fully opened to the public.
However, little is known about when its actual birthday is.
Earlier this year, Twitter celebrated the fifth anniversary of the first tweet, reports the Telegraph.
However, the 140-character message was sent while the site was still in beta and limited to only a few invited members.
Twitter has not yet tweeted or commented on this particular date, but in March earlier this year, the company posted a blog announcing its fifth anniversary since the code was first written for the site, and released a series of statistics to reflect the site’s popularity and global usage.
On average 140 million tweets are sent a day, which is up nearly 100 million on the amount posted on a daily basis a year ago.
More than 460,000 new accounts have been added every day over the last month and the number of mobile Twitter users has increased by 182 per cent over the last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog