Twitter celebrates 5th anniv of its public debut
London: Today is five years since the incredibly popular real-time messaging service, Twitter, fully opened to the public.
However, little is known about when its actual birthday is.
Earlier this year, Twitter celebrated the fifth anniversary of the first tweet, reports the Telegraph.
However, the 140-character message was sent while the site was still in beta and limited to only a few invited members.
Twitter has not yet tweeted or commented on this particular date, but in March earlier this year, the company posted a blog announcing its fifth anniversary since the code was first written for the site, and released a series of statistics to reflect the site’s popularity and global usage.
On average 140 million tweets are sent a day, which is up nearly 100 million on the amount posted on a daily basis a year ago.
More than 460,000 new accounts have been added every day over the last month and the number of mobile Twitter users has increased by 182 per cent over the last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly