Twitter celebrates 5th anniv of its public debut
London: Today is five years since the incredibly popular real-time messaging service, Twitter, fully opened to the public.
However, little is known about when its actual birthday is.
Earlier this year, Twitter celebrated the fifth anniversary of the first tweet, reports the Telegraph.
However, the 140-character message was sent while the site was still in beta and limited to only a few invited members.
Twitter has not yet tweeted or commented on this particular date, but in March earlier this year, the company posted a blog announcing its fifth anniversary since the code was first written for the site, and released a series of statistics to reflect the site’s popularity and global usage.
On average 140 million tweets are sent a day, which is up nearly 100 million on the amount posted on a daily basis a year ago.
More than 460,000 new accounts have been added every day over the last month and the number of mobile Twitter users has increased by 182 per cent over the last year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata