Twitter, CNN introduce new tool for journalists to identify `breaking news` faster
Washington: Twitter and CNN have reportedly introduced a new tool that would help journalists identify breaking news faster than before.
The tool, dubbed Dataminr for News, has been developed in partnership between CNN, Twitter and social analytics company Dataminr.
According to Cnet, the tool would analyse tweets in real time and identify potential `emerging news on Twitter`, while it is still in its early stages.
Dataminr CEO Ted Bailey said that the system was designed to examine things like whether there is corroboration for a report.
The report said that the tool is expected to be rolled out for all journalists later this year, though a price hasn`t been announced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Saina Nehwal drops four places to be no.9, status quo for PV Sindhu
- Mauritius to remain major FDI source till March 2019: Experts
- Abhinav Bindra to head NRAI review committee on Rio debacle
- Now, WhatsApp to share your phone number with Facebook
- SHOCKING: Man performing stunt on high tension wire at Mumbai's Mira road station – Watch