Twitter, CNN introduce new tool for journalists to identify `breaking news` faster
Washington: Twitter and CNN have reportedly introduced a new tool that would help journalists identify breaking news faster than before.
The tool, dubbed Dataminr for News, has been developed in partnership between CNN, Twitter and social analytics company Dataminr.
According to Cnet, the tool would analyse tweets in real time and identify potential `emerging news on Twitter`, while it is still in its early stages.
Dataminr CEO Ted Bailey said that the system was designed to examine things like whether there is corroboration for a report.
The report said that the tool is expected to be rolled out for all journalists later this year, though a price hasn`t been announced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- When Aditya Chopra told Ranveer Singh to act like himself
- Shah Rukh Khan terms himself struggling writer, pens poem inspired from Zayn Malik
- 'Quantico' diva Priyanka Chopra misses mommy during shoots!- See pic
- No trace of missing IAF AN-32 plane as yet; Defence Minister undertakes aerial survey
- 'Dishoom' promotions: Catch Jacqueline Fernandez-John Abraham-Varun Dhawan on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'