Twitter, CNN introduce new tool for journalists to identify `breaking news` faster
Washington: Twitter and CNN have reportedly introduced a new tool that would help journalists identify breaking news faster than before.
The tool, dubbed Dataminr for News, has been developed in partnership between CNN, Twitter and social analytics company Dataminr.
According to Cnet, the tool would analyse tweets in real time and identify potential `emerging news on Twitter`, while it is still in its early stages.
Dataminr CEO Ted Bailey said that the system was designed to examine things like whether there is corroboration for a report.
The report said that the tool is expected to be rolled out for all journalists later this year, though a price hasn`t been announced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says