Twitter down for hours of `planned maintenance`
New York: The microblogging site Twitter Inc
was out of commission for a couple of hours early on Sunday for
some of the roughly 100 million users around the world.
Instead of the usual screen that allows people to send a
tweet, the home page indicated the site was down for "planned
maintenance" but was expected to be back in a few hours.
It was accompanied by a cartoon.
According to a status website run by the San
Francisco-based company, Twitter`s hosting provider, NTT
America, was to start the maintenance at 2 am (local time)
today and it was to last about five hours.
Some tweets appeared to start moving again after about 90
minutes but some users were still unable to send messages
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars