Twitter enhances website speed
Washington: Twitter has reengineered its website to load tweets five times faster, as part of efforts to maintain users` interest in browsing its constant stream of short messages.
The overhaul is also part of a microblogging service for the next generation of web browsers, introducing more interactive features.
“This new framework will help us rapidly develop new Twitter features, take advantage of new browser technology, and ultimately provide the best experience to as many people as possible,” The Telegraph quoted Twitter engineer Dan Webb, as saying in his blog post.
The changes, which are currently being introduced across Twitter.com, will also do away with the "hashbang" symbol in its page addresses.
The "#!" symbol in Twitter URLs was used to notify web browsers to fetch and render tweets requested by the user, but now the process be handled by Twitter’s own servers.
The improvements were made after engineers investigated the “time to first tweet” that the Twitter website delivered. This statistic, based on a sample of users, measured how long between clicking on a link on Twitter.com and tweets appearing on-screen.
“The bottom line is that [the old] architecture leads to slower performance because most of the code is being executed on our user’s machines rather than our own,” Web explained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued