Twitter erases out distance barrier among users: Research
London: In a research conducted by Kalev Leetaru and colleagues at the University of Illinois, it was found that Twitter has been able to erase out the distance barrier and help its users stay in touch.
Twitter users, the research analyzed, tweeted more frequently to those who were far apart in locations than those who resided nearby. The farthest the other person the more number of tweets exchanged.
According to the report the research did not focus on the content of the tweets but focused upon the geographical location of the user.
Indonesian capital Jakarta topped the list where the most geographically tagged tweets originated followed by New York.
The distance did not matter even when it came to news stories and sources. The research found that the user`s current location was not directly linked to which news story or source was read, tagged or forwarded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?