Twitter erases out distance barrier among users: Research
London: In a research conducted by Kalev Leetaru and colleagues at the University of Illinois, it was found that Twitter has been able to erase out the distance barrier and help its users stay in touch.
Twitter users, the research analyzed, tweeted more frequently to those who were far apart in locations than those who resided nearby. The farthest the other person the more number of tweets exchanged.
According to the report the research did not focus on the content of the tweets but focused upon the geographical location of the user.
Indonesian capital Jakarta topped the list where the most geographically tagged tweets originated followed by New York.
The distance did not matter even when it came to news stories and sources. The research found that the user`s current location was not directly linked to which news story or source was read, tagged or forwarded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy