Twitter, Facebook battle for TV show ad dollars
Washington: Two of the world`s biggest social networking giants, Twitter and Facebook are reportedly competing against each other for TV show ad dollars.
Despite Facebook`s user base being bigger than Twitter, it is speculated that the 140-character site will outshine Zuckerberg`s child in the competition for television ads.
According to media analysts and ad executives, Facebook generates many times the TV chatter at Twitter for example, CBS`s `NCIS` has 17.8 million fans on Facebook, but only 535,000 followers on Twitter, as per the data given by ListenFirst Media.
However, Twitter is relying on the youth-obsessed advertisers who are confronting a rapidly aging TV audience to be receptive to the notion that hashtags can equal higher ratings.
The report said that Facebook is testing a system that will allow developers to view public posts and search for mentions to figure out what a particular target audience is buzzing about.
Facebook is also working on a new metric that aims to correlate online chatter and TV viewing, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das