Twitter finally coughs up Occupy Wall Street protester`s tweets
New York: Micro-blogging platform Twitter has finally surrendered the tweets sent by an Occupy Wall Street protester, who was accused of misconduct.
Although the protester, 23-year-old Malcolm Harris, is only accused of a minor violation, the battle over access by the authorities to his tweets has brought widespread attention to his case, News24 reports.
In a Manhattan court, a lawyer for Twitter handed an envelope containing printouts of three and a half months`` worth of tweets.
Earlier, Twitter had faced being fined for contempt of court after it failed to comply with the two-month old order given by a US court, and was then given a deadline until Friday.
Prosecutors say they want Harris`` tweets because they could prove that he knew he was violating the law during the 2011 protest, when some 700 people were arrested for disorderly conduct, the report said.
However, Harris claims he was following the police instructions during the march across the bridge. His case will go on trial in December, where he faces a maximum of 15 days in jail or a 500-dollar fine, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video