Twitter graded most influential in promoting hate and terror on social media
Washington: In a report by the Simon Wiesenthal Center, Twitter receives the `F` grade for being most influential in promoting hate and terror on the social media front, reports Washington Post.
Social media websites have come under the scanner for having violent or terror spewing content. On the microblogging site Twitter most of the content is posted without getting screened. It can neither be removed from the site without the user removing it personally.
According to the reports, terrorist groups like Al-Shabab, Somali Islamic extremist militia linked to Al- Qaeda and the Taliban have their own Twitter feeds.
On the other hand, social media site Facebook scores `A` minus as it has a stricter policy to track and remove content promoting terror or violence.
Youtube scored `C` minus as its guidelines prohibit promotion of elements related to hate or terror such as bomb making, community violence or hate speech but it still requires improvement, the reports said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’