Twitter graded most influential in promoting hate and terror on social media
Washington: In a report by the Simon Wiesenthal Center, Twitter receives the `F` grade for being most influential in promoting hate and terror on the social media front, reports Washington Post.
Social media websites have come under the scanner for having violent or terror spewing content. On the microblogging site Twitter most of the content is posted without getting screened. It can neither be removed from the site without the user removing it personally.
According to the reports, terrorist groups like Al-Shabab, Somali Islamic extremist militia linked to Al- Qaeda and the Taliban have their own Twitter feeds.
On the other hand, social media site Facebook scores `A` minus as it has a stricter policy to track and remove content promoting terror or violence.
Youtube scored `C` minus as its guidelines prohibit promotion of elements related to hate or terror such as bomb making, community violence or hate speech but it still requires improvement, the reports said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Let’s not have a gender war, says Shekhar Suman
- Twitterati blast Arvind Kejriwal for mocking PM Narendra Modi - Know why Delhi CM came under fire
- VVIP chopper scam: Rahul Gandhi's aide was connected to middleman Guido Haschke, says BJP leader
- Raging Uttarakhand forest fire can melt glaciers faster, say experts
- North Korea capital gears up for congress; South fears nuclear test