Twitter graded most influential in promoting hate and terror on social media
Washington: In a report by the Simon Wiesenthal Center, Twitter receives the `F` grade for being most influential in promoting hate and terror on the social media front, reports Washington Post.
Social media websites have come under the scanner for having violent or terror spewing content. On the microblogging site Twitter most of the content is posted without getting screened. It can neither be removed from the site without the user removing it personally.
According to the reports, terrorist groups like Al-Shabab, Somali Islamic extremist militia linked to Al- Qaeda and the Taliban have their own Twitter feeds.
On the other hand, social media site Facebook scores `A` minus as it has a stricter policy to track and remove content promoting terror or violence.
Youtube scored `C` minus as its guidelines prohibit promotion of elements related to hate or terror such as bomb making, community violence or hate speech but it still requires improvement, the reports said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH