Twitter graded most influential in promoting hate and terror on social media
Washington: In a report by the Simon Wiesenthal Center, Twitter receives the `F` grade for being most influential in promoting hate and terror on the social media front, reports Washington Post.
Social media websites have come under the scanner for having violent or terror spewing content. On the microblogging site Twitter most of the content is posted without getting screened. It can neither be removed from the site without the user removing it personally.
According to the reports, terrorist groups like Al-Shabab, Somali Islamic extremist militia linked to Al- Qaeda and the Taliban have their own Twitter feeds.
On the other hand, social media site Facebook scores `A` minus as it has a stricter policy to track and remove content promoting terror or violence.
Youtube scored `C` minus as its guidelines prohibit promotion of elements related to hate or terror such as bomb making, community violence or hate speech but it still requires improvement, the reports said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news