Twitter graded most influential in promoting hate and terror on social media
Washington: In a report by the Simon Wiesenthal Center, Twitter receives the `F` grade for being most influential in promoting hate and terror on the social media front, reports Washington Post.
Social media websites have come under the scanner for having violent or terror spewing content. On the microblogging site Twitter most of the content is posted without getting screened. It can neither be removed from the site without the user removing it personally.
According to the reports, terrorist groups like Al-Shabab, Somali Islamic extremist militia linked to Al- Qaeda and the Taliban have their own Twitter feeds.
On the other hand, social media site Facebook scores `A` minus as it has a stricter policy to track and remove content promoting terror or violence.
Youtube scored `C` minus as its guidelines prohibit promotion of elements related to hate or terror such as bomb making, community violence or hate speech but it still requires improvement, the reports said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read