Twitter: Guess, where do half of all active users live?
Washington: Half of all Twitter`s active users, who tweet at least once a month, live in just five countries: the U.S., Japan, Indonesia, the UK and Brazil.
Using data from PeerReach, online statistics portal Statista created a chart, which shows the 13 countries with the highest shares of monthly active tweeters.
According to PeerReach, active users are those who tweet at least once a month, whereas Twitter defines them as those who log in to the service.
Roughly 40 percent of Twitter`s monthly active users actually don`t tweet, and only log in, Mashable reports.
The largest share of monthly active users is in the U.S., with 24 percent.
Japan was at the second position with 9.30 percent users. Indonesia was at third with 6.5. percent, the U.K with 5.6 percent, and Brazil was at the fifth position with 4.3 percent users.
After the top 13 countries, users from every other country in the world represent the remaining 26 percent of monthly active Twitter users, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145