Twitter hits two billion tweets a month
London: Micro-blogging site `Twitter` has reached yet another milestone -- two billion tweets every month, the website has announced.
According to the company`s chief operating officer Dick Costolo, around 65 million tweets are sent on `Twitter` each day, equating to around 1.96 billion tweets every month.
Twitter reached 15 billion tweets at the end of last month, three months after it broke the 10 billion count, `The Daily Telegraph` reported.
Costolo also said the service sees around 135,000 new registrations each day, though it is not clear how many of those are individuals rather than businesses.
The increasingly influential company announced on Monday that it is hiring a Washington liaison to manage relations with the White House.
In an interview last month, Costolo had earmarked Los Angeles and New York as the bases that would probably be next on the expansion list, and then the UK and Japan, where the site`s growth is "massive".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez