Twitter hits two billion tweets a month
London: Micro-blogging site `Twitter` has reached yet another milestone -- two billion tweets every month, the website has announced.
According to the company`s chief operating officer Dick Costolo, around 65 million tweets are sent on `Twitter` each day, equating to around 1.96 billion tweets every month.
Twitter reached 15 billion tweets at the end of last month, three months after it broke the 10 billion count, `The Daily Telegraph` reported.
Costolo also said the service sees around 135,000 new registrations each day, though it is not clear how many of those are individuals rather than businesses.
The increasingly influential company announced on Monday that it is hiring a Washington liaison to manage relations with the White House.
In an interview last month, Costolo had earmarked Los Angeles and New York as the bases that would probably be next on the expansion list, and then the UK and Japan, where the site`s growth is "massive".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31