Twitter in legal war over fake James Dean account
Washington: The estate of late actor James Dean is suing Twitter over a fake account.
The iconic movie star is at the centre of a potentially legal dispute against Twitter Inc., after the social media site refused to do anything about the anonymous individual who has registered @JamesDean.
According to Hollywood Reporter, the lawsuit was engineered by CMG Worldwide, which manages the commercial estates of many dead celebrities and runs the Dean licensing empire.
CMG president Mark Roesler said his firm has spent more than a year attempting to convince Twitter to shut down @JamesDean, but the company has been `extremely uncooperative,` the report said.
Therefore, Roesler`s company has filed a complaint in Indiana state court alleging various causes of action, including misappropriation of publicity rights.
On Friday, Twitter had the lawsuit removed to federal court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi