Twitter installs two log cabins as diners for employees in San Francisco Headquarters
Washington: Twitter is reportedly planning to install two log cabins, dating back to1800`s, in its headquarters in San Francisco.
The social network site intends to use the log cabins as a dining area for its employees.
Lundberg Design, one of the firms that designed the space at Twitter`s headquarters, came up with the idea when the company moved there in 2012 and was looking for ways to divide up Twitter`s dining space, Mashable reported.
Olle Lundberg, an architect with the firm said that it`s a big dining area, but a relatively low ceiling height, so the firm came up with this idea of rooms within larger room or log cabins within larger rooms.
Jim Prosser, a representative for Twitter, said in a statement that the company was very excited about this project, not only because it was beautiful, but also because it was another great instance of how the social network site continued to re-use materials as it built out its presence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- UP polls: Rahul Gandhi to cover 2,500 km, 233 Assembly constituencies, 39 districts, but no big rallies
- Lionel Messi's Argentina return hampered by groin injury, Sergio Aguero too ruled out
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic
- Govt panel for chilli-filled grenades, stun lac shells as alternatives to pellet guns