Twitter is fastest growing social network
London: Almost half a billion people across the globe have signed up for Twitter, making it the fastest-growing social network in the world.
Of all Internet users worldwide, 36 per cent, an estimated 485 million, have a Twitter account.
According to the internet research company Global Web Index (GWI), the number of account holders who use the microblogging site at least once a month grew 40 per cent in the second half of 2012 to 288 million, the Telegraph reports.
This figure means Twitter is growing faster than both Facebook and Google+, the report added.
According to the report, in the same period Facebook grew 33.4 per cent to 693.5 million.
Google+ grew 27.7 per cent to 343 million active monthly users.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read