Twitter is fastest growing social network
London: Almost half a billion people across the globe have signed up for Twitter, making it the fastest-growing social network in the world.
Of all Internet users worldwide, 36 per cent, an estimated 485 million, have a Twitter account.
According to the internet research company Global Web Index (GWI), the number of account holders who use the microblogging site at least once a month grew 40 per cent in the second half of 2012 to 288 million, the Telegraph reports.
This figure means Twitter is growing faster than both Facebook and Google+, the report added.
According to the report, in the same period Facebook grew 33.4 per cent to 693.5 million.
Google+ grew 27.7 per cent to 343 million active monthly users.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown