Twitter is fastest growing social network
London: Almost half a billion people across the globe have signed up for Twitter, making it the fastest-growing social network in the world.
Of all Internet users worldwide, 36 per cent, an estimated 485 million, have a Twitter account.
According to the internet research company Global Web Index (GWI), the number of account holders who use the microblogging site at least once a month grew 40 per cent in the second half of 2012 to 288 million, the Telegraph reports.
This figure means Twitter is growing faster than both Facebook and Google+, the report added.
According to the report, in the same period Facebook grew 33.4 per cent to 693.5 million.
Google+ grew 27.7 per cent to 343 million active monthly users.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok