Twitter launches music-finding service
San Francisco: Twitter today launched a music service that recommends tunes based on what people are `tweeting` about and lets people sample songs they might like.
"We`re releasing Twitter #music, a new service that will change the way people find music, based on Twitter," the San Francisco-based firm said in a release.
"It uses Twitter activity, including Tweets and engagement, to detect and surface the most popular tracks and emerging artists," Twitter continued.
"It also brings artists` music-related Twitter activity front and centre. And, of course, you can tweet songs right from the app."
Twitter users can get 30-second samples of songs from iTunes, Spotify or Rdio music services, but the default provider is Apple`s online shop iTunes.
"So, if you`re interested in the songs that have been tweeted by the artists and people you follow on Twitter, you can navigate to #NowPlaying to view and listen to those songs," Twitter said.
Twitter Music applications for Internet web browsers and Apple mobile devices let people see what songs are hot and get recommendations based on their tastes, according to Rdio.
"We`re thrilled to be part of the new Twitter Music experience ? it`s built for music discovery," Rdio said in a release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley