Twitter launches translation service for non-Arabic speakers
London: A new Twitter service automatically translates tweets of leading figures for global understanding of Egyptian issues.
BBC reports that Twitter is using Microsoft Bing translator as an experiment, covering European languages such as Italian, French and Spanish, before extending it to Arabic.
According to the report, non-Egyptians were able to read the tweets of Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi in their local languages, as Egypt`s military ousted on him on Wednesday.
Twitter has provided a list of all the Egyptian accounts it is translating, called `egypt2013`, which has 63 members, report added.
Twitter translation service could give journalists unfiltered access to new sources as well as the archives.
Dr Miles Osborne, from the University of Edinburgh`s School of Informatics, said that Twitter can bring added value, over traditional news outlets, by spreading the word on events not heard of and bringing local perspectives on major news items.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!