Twitter may launch `music service`
London: Twitter is rumoured to be launching a new music service after the micro blogging site purchased the music discovery site, We Are Hunted.
We Are Hunted confirmed the deal, adding "there`s no question that Twitter and music go well together", and said it was shutting down.
Reports suggest the new service will offer personalized recommendations on music through its own dedicated app.
The music app could be announced as soon as Friday, the BBC reports.
Some reports said that The We Are Hunted acquisition actually happened in 2012, suggesting that the music service has long been in the works.
According to the report, Twitter`s latest move comes as music streaming, where the songs are hosted on servers by companies such as Spotify rather than bought and kept on consumers` computers, has taken off amid a boom in digital downloading.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez