Twitter may launch `music service`
London: Twitter is rumoured to be launching a new music service after the micro blogging site purchased the music discovery site, We Are Hunted.
We Are Hunted confirmed the deal, adding "there`s no question that Twitter and music go well together", and said it was shutting down.
Reports suggest the new service will offer personalized recommendations on music through its own dedicated app.
The music app could be announced as soon as Friday, the BBC reports.
Some reports said that The We Are Hunted acquisition actually happened in 2012, suggesting that the music service has long been in the works.
According to the report, Twitter`s latest move comes as music streaming, where the songs are hosted on servers by companies such as Spotify rather than bought and kept on consumers` computers, has taken off amid a boom in digital downloading.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India