Twitter may launch `music service`
London: Twitter is rumoured to be launching a new music service after the micro blogging site purchased the music discovery site, We Are Hunted.
We Are Hunted confirmed the deal, adding "there`s no question that Twitter and music go well together", and said it was shutting down.
Reports suggest the new service will offer personalized recommendations on music through its own dedicated app.
The music app could be announced as soon as Friday, the BBC reports.
Some reports said that The We Are Hunted acquisition actually happened in 2012, suggesting that the music service has long been in the works.
According to the report, Twitter`s latest move comes as music streaming, where the songs are hosted on servers by companies such as Spotify rather than bought and kept on consumers` computers, has taken off amid a boom in digital downloading.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing