Twitter more preferred than Facebook by US teens: Poll
Johannesburg: A new survey has revealed that microblogging site Twitter is more popular than Facebook among US teens.
The survey conducted by the financial firm Piper Jaffray revealed that Twitter was preferred by 26 percent of adolescents while Facebook and Instagram come close second as preferred by 23 percent.
According to News24, top three social media sites remain Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, as found by the survey.
The survey conducted on 8,600 teens, revealed that earlier this year Facebook was more preferred over Twitter by 33 percent to 30 percent.
Yahoo `s recently acquired Tumblr is preferred by just four percent of teens while only three percent chose Google+.
Analysts Gene Munster and Douglas Clinton said that it is unsurprising to find Twitter leading the popularity quotient and Instagram continues to look like a smart acquisition for Facebook as the social media giant is rated as the second most important social network.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections