Twitter more preferred than Facebook by US teens: Poll
Johannesburg: A new survey has revealed that microblogging site Twitter is more popular than Facebook among US teens.
The survey conducted by the financial firm Piper Jaffray revealed that Twitter was preferred by 26 percent of adolescents while Facebook and Instagram come close second as preferred by 23 percent.
According to News24, top three social media sites remain Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, as found by the survey.
The survey conducted on 8,600 teens, revealed that earlier this year Facebook was more preferred over Twitter by 33 percent to 30 percent.
Yahoo `s recently acquired Tumblr is preferred by just four percent of teens while only three percent chose Google+.
Analysts Gene Munster and Douglas Clinton said that it is unsurprising to find Twitter leading the popularity quotient and Instagram continues to look like a smart acquisition for Facebook as the social media giant is rated as the second most important social network.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video