Twitter offers new advertising options
New York: Twitter has made it easier for advertisers to get and pay for exactly what they want.
Advertisers now get to choose from what Twitter describes as objective-based campaigns.
"Objective-based campaigns are designed to help you drive the highest possible return on investment from your ads. Now, you will only pay when a user takes an action aligned with your campaign objective," said Christine Lee, a senior product manager at Twitter in a blog post.
Currently, Twitter charges advertisers every time someone interacts with their ads, even if that interaction is not exactly what the advertiser wants.
So, someone who just wants "clicks" on their website still has to pay if they get new twitter followers.
Under the new options, the advertiser can choose to pay only when website clicks or conversions happen, saving money.
There are now five options for advertisers - new followers, website clicks or conversions, tweet engagements, app installations and leads.
Twitter recently posted strong returns in the second quarter of 2014, and advertising revenue went up by 129 percent compared to last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row