Twitter offers new advertising options
New York: Twitter has made it easier for advertisers to get and pay for exactly what they want.
Advertisers now get to choose from what Twitter describes as objective-based campaigns.
"Objective-based campaigns are designed to help you drive the highest possible return on investment from your ads. Now, you will only pay when a user takes an action aligned with your campaign objective," said Christine Lee, a senior product manager at Twitter in a blog post.
Currently, Twitter charges advertisers every time someone interacts with their ads, even if that interaction is not exactly what the advertiser wants.
So, someone who just wants "clicks" on their website still has to pay if they get new twitter followers.
Under the new options, the advertiser can choose to pay only when website clicks or conversions happen, saving money.
There are now five options for advertisers - new followers, website clicks or conversions, tweet engagements, app installations and leads.
Twitter recently posted strong returns in the second quarter of 2014, and advertising revenue went up by 129 percent compared to last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?