Twitter planning to release music app for iOS devices
London: Twitter could be releasing its own music app on iOS by the end of the month, according to a report.
Twitter acquired the music discovery service We Are Hunted last year and is using its technology to build a standalone music app.
Twitter Music suggested artists and songs to listen to based on a variety of signals, and is personalized based on which accounts a user follows on Twitter, CNET reports.
Songs are streamed to the app via SoundCloud , the report said.
According to the report, the app to be called Twitter Music, shows Twitter is taking new steps into becoming a full-fledged media company.
The app acknowledges the key role music has played in drawing new users to the service, particularly younger, mainstream users, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown