Twitter planning to release music app for iOS devices
London: Twitter could be releasing its own music app on iOS by the end of the month, according to a report.
Twitter acquired the music discovery service We Are Hunted last year and is using its technology to build a standalone music app.
Twitter Music suggested artists and songs to listen to based on a variety of signals, and is personalized based on which accounts a user follows on Twitter, CNET reports.
Songs are streamed to the app via SoundCloud , the report said.
According to the report, the app to be called Twitter Music, shows Twitter is taking new steps into becoming a full-fledged media company.
The app acknowledges the key role music has played in drawing new users to the service, particularly younger, mainstream users, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy