Twitter planning to release music app for iOS devices
London: Twitter could be releasing its own music app on iOS by the end of the month, according to a report.
Twitter acquired the music discovery service We Are Hunted last year and is using its technology to build a standalone music app.
Twitter Music suggested artists and songs to listen to based on a variety of signals, and is personalized based on which accounts a user follows on Twitter, CNET reports.
Songs are streamed to the app via SoundCloud , the report said.
According to the report, the app to be called Twitter Music, shows Twitter is taking new steps into becoming a full-fledged media company.
The app acknowledges the key role music has played in drawing new users to the service, particularly younger, mainstream users, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'