Twitter pulls its tweets from LinkedIn
Washington: Business social network LinkedIn has announced it will no longer display tweets on its site as a result of a policy change by Twitter.
Twitter, the popular micro blogging platform, reiterated on its blog on Friday that it is no longer allowing third-party developers to use its content in ways that mimic the main Twitter experience.
LinkedIn posted a blog of its own announcing that it will no longer display tweets, to comply with Twitter`s policy.
According to the Los Angeles Times, this is definitely bad news for LinkedIn, since so much of its users`` content comes from Twitter.
LinkedIn, which noted its partnership with Twitter goes back to 2009, emphasizes that while you can no longer connect your tweets to LinkedIn, you can share your LinkedIn posts over at Twitter.
LinkedIn reassured that ‘there will be no other changes to your LinkedIn experience.’
According to the paper, the reason Twitter is forcing third parties to stop mimicking its content is because the company wants to emphasize a ‘core Twitter consumption experience,’ meaning it wants users to visit its site more often.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'