Twitter tightens account security for users with password issues
Washington: Twitter has reportedly improved its security and changed the way users can gain access to their accounts in case they forget their passwords.
The company has also introduced a new system that will keep an eye out for suspicious login behaviors, The Verge reports.
Users will reportedly be sent alerts on their mobile numbers and email addresses in case a password reset request is made.
In order to gain access to their accounts, users can also start the process off from either of those options both through Twitter.com and its Android and iOS apps.
Meanwhile, the second new security measure tracks location, login history, and the device to detect potentially suspicious login activity and if it finds something fishy, the company says it will alert users through their registered email address, the report adds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra