Twitter to delete images of deceased individuals on request
Washington: Twitter will remove images and videos of deceased individuals from the social network at the request of immediate family members .
Twitter said that it would consider removal of images of deceased individuals that were taken from when critical injury occurred to the moments before or after death, CBS reported.
The microblogging service took the respective action after Zelda Williams, daughter of entertainer Robin Williams, announced that she was quitting her Twitter account after horrible photoshopped images of her late father were sent to her on the social network.
Del Harvey, Twitter`s vice president of trust and safety asserted that they will not tolerate abuse of this nature on Twitter and they had suspended a number of accounts related to this issue for violating their rules and they were in the process of evaluating how they could further improve their policies to better handle tragic situations like this one.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"