Twitter to delete images of deceased individuals on request
Washington: Twitter will remove images and videos of deceased individuals from the social network at the request of immediate family members .
Twitter said that it would consider removal of images of deceased individuals that were taken from when critical injury occurred to the moments before or after death, CBS reported.
The microblogging service took the respective action after Zelda Williams, daughter of entertainer Robin Williams, announced that she was quitting her Twitter account after horrible photoshopped images of her late father were sent to her on the social network.
Del Harvey, Twitter`s vice president of trust and safety asserted that they will not tolerate abuse of this nature on Twitter and they had suspended a number of accounts related to this issue for violating their rules and they were in the process of evaluating how they could further improve their policies to better handle tragic situations like this one.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing