Twitter turns favourites into retweets
New York: Have you recently witnessed favourite tweets back in your tweet box? Some users are seeing tweets favourited by others in their timeline just like retweets.
Some users are seeing a few tweets in their timelines that have been marked as favourites by accounts they follow.
Other tweets are showing from accounts that your friends follow.
"Twitter has fundamentally only shown tweets and retweets posted by accounts you personally follow in timelines to date," the Verge reported.
The new experiment by Twitter has left some of its users annoyed, the report added.
According to them, favouriting is inherently a private action.
Many users do not use the favourite in the same way as a Facebook "Like".
Some use it as a simple acknowledgment of receiving a tweet or as a way of saying "thanks".
In a generic blog post on its website, Twitter said it "experiment(s) with features that may never be released to everyone who uses Twitter".
"They help us decide what not to do -- which is important as we work to keep Twitter simple while improving the user experience," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Two 'young' craters discovered on Moon
- Twitter to soon roll out automatic 'Night Mode' UI
- WATCH: 'MGNREGA is live monument of your failures' - When PM Narendra Modi blasted Congress
- IPL 2016: Virat Kohli surprises Royal Challengers Bangalore youngsters with wonderful gifts!
- Honda launches refreshing new 2016 Activa-i at Rs 50,255