Twitter unveils video ads
San Francisco: Twitter on Wednesday unveiled a new advertising program that delivers "promoted videos" to the tweet stream of users of the popular messaging platform.
The new program adds to the source of advertising revenue for Twitter, which has struggled to convince investors it is on a path to profitability.
"By using Promoted Video, it`s easy for brands to upload and distribute video on Twitter, and to measure the reach and effectiveness of this content," product manager David Regan said in a blog post.
Regan said test launch came "after months of experiments and feedback from users and brands."
Regan said that to make it easier for advertisers, Twitter will offer a "cost per view" model: "This means advertisers only get charged when a users starts playing the video," he said.
"Additionally, advertisers using Promoted Video have access to robust video analytics," such as how many people view the entire video, he said.
Twitter accounted for 0.5 per cent of global digital ad revenues in 2013, according to research firm eMarketer, and expects to increase that to 0.8 per cent this year, as digital ad spending grows to USD 140.15 billion.
Twitter said last month that the number of monthly active users of the platform has hit 271 million, up 24 per cent when compared with the same period a year earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- 'Bajirao Mastani': Priyanka Chopra congratulates Sanjay Leela Bhansali for 'Best Director' award at IIFA 2016!
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! Chris Gayle goes berserk as Portugal pip Croatia in Euro 2016
- IIFA 2016: 'Befikre' lover-boy Ranveer Singh writes the most romantic congratulatory note for ladylove Deepika Padukone!
- India to get access to almost 99% of US defence technologies: White House official
- IIFA Madrid: Priyanka Chopra steals the show, thanks Shiamak Davar troupe!-- See pic