Twitter was once named `Twitch`, `Smssy`, `Friendstalker`!
Washington: Twitter was not what it is called today, and was named as Twitch, Smssy and even weird Friendstalker, a book about the birth of the microblogging site by Nick Bilton has revealed.
Bilton gained access to emails exchanged between Twitter`s founders during the recently priced company`s early days, and found how their creation`s logo could have looked like.
According to The Verge, `Hatching Twitter` reveals that most of Twitter`s early logos were created by co-founder Biz Stone, including the green speech bubble at the top of the page.
Stone also created similar logos in red and green before the Twitter name was nailed down, and attached `An Odeo Thingy` as a subtitle to one mock-up along with another vowelless logo, TWTTR.
Bilton said that the site`s co-founder Noah Glass created a `blob`, which was eventually shelved in favor of Linda Gavin `s memorable blue logo, the same blue logo that adorned the site as it rose in global prominence and importance in just a few short years, the report added.’
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Libyan forces clash with militants in Sirte, 14 dead: Official
- Rahul Gandhi reacts to NSG setback: 'How to lose a negotiation by PM Narendra Modi'
- Pope denounces Armenian `genocide` in Yerevan visit
- University of Mumbai T.Y.B.Com Semester Six (75:25) Result 2016 declared on mu.ac.in
- Poland National Championships 2016: Quarter-miler Mohd. Anas sets new national record