Twitter was once named `Twitch`, `Smssy`, `Friendstalker`!
Washington: Twitter was not what it is called today, and was named as Twitch, Smssy and even weird Friendstalker, a book about the birth of the microblogging site by Nick Bilton has revealed.
Bilton gained access to emails exchanged between Twitter`s founders during the recently priced company`s early days, and found how their creation`s logo could have looked like.
According to The Verge, `Hatching Twitter` reveals that most of Twitter`s early logos were created by co-founder Biz Stone, including the green speech bubble at the top of the page.
Stone also created similar logos in red and green before the Twitter name was nailed down, and attached `An Odeo Thingy` as a subtitle to one mock-up along with another vowelless logo, TWTTR.
Bilton said that the site`s co-founder Noah Glass created a `blob`, which was eventually shelved in favor of Linda Gavin `s memorable blue logo, the same blue logo that adorned the site as it rose in global prominence and importance in just a few short years, the report added.’
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says