Twitter was once named `Twitch`, `Smssy`, `Friendstalker`!
Washington: Twitter was not what it is called today, and was named as Twitch, Smssy and even weird Friendstalker, a book about the birth of the microblogging site by Nick Bilton has revealed.
Bilton gained access to emails exchanged between Twitter`s founders during the recently priced company`s early days, and found how their creation`s logo could have looked like.
According to The Verge, `Hatching Twitter` reveals that most of Twitter`s early logos were created by co-founder Biz Stone, including the green speech bubble at the top of the page.
Stone also created similar logos in red and green before the Twitter name was nailed down, and attached `An Odeo Thingy` as a subtitle to one mock-up along with another vowelless logo, TWTTR.
Bilton said that the site`s co-founder Noah Glass created a `blob`, which was eventually shelved in favor of Linda Gavin `s memorable blue logo, the same blue logo that adorned the site as it rose in global prominence and importance in just a few short years, the report added.’
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?