Twitter working on `edit tweet` option
Washington: Microblogging site Twitter is reportedly working on a new feature that would let users edit their tweets.
Sources closer to the company said that the feature would let users to make `slight changes` like fix typos and add or remove a few words.
According to a news website, Twitter doesn`t want to allow users the liberty to be able to completely modify the content of each text so as to avoid spamming and the new feature would let them edit each tweet just once.
After required modification, the tweet will be visible on the user`s feed and Twitter has hoped that it would allow users to fix incorrect reports and debunk rumours.
Sources further said that the company is also developing an editorial algorithm that would monitor how many characters or words an individual user is attempting to change.
The feature will be slowly rolled out after satisfactory tests are made and Twitter is confident about it.
Meanwhile, Twitter spokeswoman declined to comment on the company`s latest projects and plans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing