Twitter`s ad revenue to double this year: Report
San Francisco: A research firm expects Twitter`s ad revenue to double this year as the online messaging service delivers more marketing pitches aimed at consumers using smartphones and tablet computers.
In a report on Thursday, eMarketer projected Twitter`s worldwide ad revenue will climb from an estimated USD 288 million last year to USD 583 million this year. In 2014, eMarketer predicts Twitter`s ad revenue will approach USD 1 billon.
EMarketer believes mobile devices will account for more than half of Twitter`s ad revenue this year.
The research firm makes educated guesses about Twitter`s revenue based on market trends and data. Twitter, based in San Francisco, is privately held and does not disclose financial figures.
Twitter has not set a timetable for an initial public offering of stock.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'